Sunday, July 22, 2012

Daddy's Visit


So, a lot has happened in the past couple of weeks!
I don't want to do just one loooong boring post, so I'm doing several :)

The first major update is that my dad came to visit!
He had never seen Juneau before, and he loves the outdoors,
so he decided he'd fly up here to check it out.
He got in Tuesday afternoon while I was working,
so I got him up in a helicopter for an icefield excursion tour.
The next day, he and I both went into my work
and got on a helicopter dog sled tour!
So, within a two hour period, 
my daddy got to go on two helicopter tours.
It's pretty cool all the perks we get up here. 
Wednesday afternoon, Todd, Dad and I 
drove way out the road to go camping.
Luckily, I had a coworker with extra camping gear for my Dad.
We had a great night, making a campfire,
chatting, cooking dinner, and fishing. 
Todd caught his first fish in Alaska!
It was 3 inches long... haha!
But then he caught a much bigger one, about a foot long.
He also caught a fish called a "Big Mouth Ugly,"
and boy, was it UGLY!

The next night, Daddy stayed at a nice bed and breakfast
that is just down the street from us.
Sadly, Todd had to work, but I was able to join 
my dad for breakfast and then explore Juneau a little
bit until his flight left at 2. 
It was so great to have him here,
and also for Todd and him to get to spend 
some more time together.
Here are some pics from his visit :)

On his icefield tour
In the chopper

Dogsled puppies
Dogsledding

First fish!
Big fish!

Big Mouth Ugly!

We went to the famous Tracy's Crabshack for dinner, it was AMAZING





No comments:

Post a Comment