Sunday, April 26, 2015

3 weeks 3 weeks 3 weeks

Hi there! Today marks 37 weeks into the pregnancy. This means that if the baby were born RIGHT NOW, he would be full term! Hallelujah! This also means that the little guy's due date is exactly 3 weeks away. I think today was the first day that Todd and I both became super impatient. We just want him to come right now. You'd think that after 37 weeks, 3 weeks would seem like nothing, but au contraire. Now that we pretty much have all of the essentials, we're ready, and so excited for the little bundle of joy to enter this world.

In honor of making it to the 37 week mark, I had to take a couple pics of course. As usual, the tight black shirt makes me look more normal-sized for how far along I am. However, I'm still much smaller than you'd expect at this point. I am finally starting to appreciate it though, as my back has been really painful lately. I just know it would be so much worse if I were bigger.

Just for contrast (or a different perspective), I have the pic I took today, and a pic I took just 3 days ago in a normal (not tight) shirt.



So there you go! From this point forward, I'll probably hope that when I take a bumpie, it will be my last. 

You know how in my last post, I had that picture of our room, and how crazy and chaotic it was?? Well, we've finally got everything unpacked, and all of our baby necessities in order in our room. I promised a pic of our room once we had it done, so here it is!


Found this nifty little changing table/dresser for only $45!

The drawers were so big, and I wanted to organize his clothes a little, so I made these drawer dividers. I was quite pleased with how it worked out.

The hardest decision we had to make was what type of chair to get. We eventually found this awesome recliner on ksl. We saved a bunch of money, and we can use this in a nursery, or in a living room!

The last thing we'll be adding to make the room complete, is a little bookshelf to go on the wall. Todd is going to make it for me :). I've been really pleased with how well we've shopped for things for the babe. For every item, we researched a ton, and were able to find really good deals online, and extra extra good deals on used stuff.

While we have all of the "things" we might need for our little champ, we are still really struggling to pick a name. We're having real commitment issues. It seems too permanent to just choose one! We had our list down to just four, but it has expanded drastically because we couldn't commit to any of those four. So now we have about 13 to choose from, but maybe 5 or 6 that we are considering more seriously. We'll see how it goes... he very well may be nameless until the very last moment (however many days after he's born). But if we can help it, it would be really nice to have one picked out ahead of time. I just want to start getting to know him, and it seems like a name is a really good place to start :)

A few weeks ago, we had the pleasure of attending the Brooks Family Reunion #2. The whole fam went out to St. George, and we got to go hiking, sight seeing, swimming, and boat riding. It was so fun to get away, and spend so much time with everyone. I sure love this family :)

Here are some pics from the trip.












That's about all everybody! Hopefully next time I post, we'll have a little one to brag all about :)

No comments:

Post a Comment