Sunday, May 20, 2012

Side Note

Hello one and all! So some of my new family (mom and sister in law, Stacy and Summer) recently started blogs, and have inspired me to start up this blogging thing again. I started this blog last summer, and then got busy. I actually stopped posting around the time that Toddy and I started dating. I guess I found a better way to spend my time :)


I was looking at my last post, which was ironically exactly one month before Todd and I started dating! I just wanted to add a funny little side note to my description of that weekend. So Todd and I had been hanging out as friends a lot during that summer, and I had the HUGEST crush on him. We were both planning on going to this tournament for a while, and I was super excited to say the least. I so badly just wanted something magical to all of the sudden happen that weekend.... Like he would out of the blue confess his love for me and make me his girlfriend. Then we got there, and nothing of the sort ensued. I specifically remember all of us going in the hot tub at our hotel and being so disappointed he didn't sit next to me... so I just talked to Debi and Sam the whole time (haha). And then, I saw a glimpse of magic! During the duck game, I sat on the bed (pull out bed, was a couch) next to him, and he put his arm on the headboard ALMOST like his arm was around ME. I was giddy inside. 
Then of course, nothing followed. So anyway, this is the pic of us watching the duck game that I mention in the other post. Also something funny about the last post, it's mostly about the pictures. So if you scroll through the pictures, you'll see that I took a bunch of pictures with everyone, and then I took one with Todd last. That's basically the order it went down too... You see, I desperately wanted a picture with him, but I didn't have the guts just to go over there and take a pic with him, so I devised a plan. I went around and took pictures with everyone else, and then he would just think I wanted pictures with everyone on the team. I thought it was genius. I told Todd about it later, and he told me while I was doing that he was thinking, "Aw :( Why doesn't she want a picture with me?" Hahaha! Makes me laugh...

It's crazy to look back and think about the times when I thought he would never like me. I never even fathomed the idea that one day he could be in love with me :). It blows my mind, and makes me soooo happy that dreams do actually come true. Sometimes it feels like I'm in a fairytale.

Well, that ended up being an über long "little" side-note. That's just what happens when my prince works until 9 :/. More posts to come about Alaskaaaaa. I'll try to get the hubs to write here every once in a while too. 

1 comment:

  1. Loved reading all your posts, Christine. So fun to hear all the back story of you and Todd. What an amazing story you have. I can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing. Your blog is darling too. I love it!

    Stacy

    ReplyDelete