Saturday, January 24, 2015

24 Weeks!

Don't have a whole lot to report for today, except that I am now 24 weeks along! That means I could have the  baby right now, and he could survive!  I find peace of mind in that :) 

So I'm finding that my shirts aren't as loose as I once thought they were... aka... they don't exactly hide the bump as well as I would like. This Thursday at the high school I work at, a few of the kids started finding out that I'm pregnant. I wasn't trying to hide it from them by any means, but I hadn't announced it either. That would just be awkward! So I was worried that kids were going to think that I was just getting fat, which I'm sure a few of them still did.  I work with another tutor who is also pregnant, and about as far along as I am. They had already found out about her, so they probably had pregnancy on the mind, and that's why they started asking about me. Anyway, I'm glad that the ones that asked recognized it as a pregnant belly, not a gaining weight belly! I'm also happy some of them know now, so I dont have to worry about the impossible task of hiding the bump! 

Well, without further adieu... here are the most recent pics!





Just for contrast, here is a pic of the bump in a much looser shirt

This last week, we had to go back to get another ultrasound to check the boy's heart and spine. At the last ultrasound, they couldn't get the view that they needed, so we went back. It took a while for them to see what they needed to, but eventually they did, and he seems to be perfectly healthy! Such a relief :). The appointment was on Thursday (at week 23 and a half), and the measurements they took showed him being 1lb 6oz! Which is a few oz heavier than the pregnancy apps tell me he is even now! So he's a big boy :) Hopefully this just means he'll come a few days earlier than expected, not that I'll be giving birth to a 10lb baby or something :)

So these are a couple of the pics from the last ultrasound.



Since Todd and I are moving in just a few months, we've been trying to refrain from buying too many things for the baby unless it is small (since we'll just have to pack it and move it anyway). So this pretty much means that we end up buying clothes for the little guy. I think he's going to be pretty much set for the whole first year of his life! I just had to share my favorite little outfit that we've found so far. Quicksilver is a brand that Todd likes to wear... and I'm obsessed with the idea of dressing our son as a mini Todd :) Melts my heart. 



Last week, I took on the project of making paintings for the nursery. We were given a super cute bedding set by a lady I work with, and I couldn't find any decor online that would match very well, so I decided to make some myself! Each painting took hours after all of the coats of paint and me being a perfectionist... but I'm super happy with them. The monkey painting was drawn by my most talented hubby, because the drawing part was the hardest for me. 



Thanks to the recommendation of Summer and Chris, we finally checked out Bacchi Burger, which was incredible! So we can check that one off the list! 



In other news... time here in Vegas is winding down. We only have about 2 months left, it's crazy! We've realized that we need to check some things off the bucket list before we head out east for 2 or 3 years! We decided that we're going to have to make one more Cali trip before we leave, and...  that's about all we have planned. If you have any suggestions, let us know! 

That's all I've got! 
Until next time... 
(*I've never known what you say after that...)

No comments:

Post a Comment