Friday, December 5, 2014

*Drumroll Please*

... We're having a...



Dinosaur!!!


 Obviously kidding... But I do really want this shirt!



Now in all seriousness, we went for our 16 week appointment and ultrasound yesterday! I asked for work off so we could have an afternoon appointment, and Todd was able to get off work early. It was so great because we had the whole afternoon to celebrate the good news. It was such an amazing experience, one I hope I'll never forget. 


So without any further adieu, the little bundle of joy that will be joining our family in May is...
.
.
.
.
.
.

a baby BOY!


After our wonderful appointment, Todd and I hit up the mall. We'd been planning on buying a little outfit to celebrate. We also got really lucky, because on Black Friday, some lady gave me a coupon/voucher for $20 off anything in JC Penny! We got to use that voucher to get the little man something nice... and we might have picked something else adorable out at Khol's too :). We just couldn't resist. 

So this is the first little outfit we bought at Khol's.
We mostly took this picture for my mom, because I had been torturing her by telling her that we knew, but I wouldn't tell her what it was yet. I wanted to wait until we found an outfit for the little guy. So I just sent her this pic without saying anything, and she got it right away. We ended up sending the same picture to Todd's parents, and they were confused what it meant (boy or girl). In their defense, gray is pretty neutral, but it made us chuckle that they couldn't guess it still.

After that failure of an announcement, we sent this picture to the rest of the family, thinking they'd for sure get it... 

We still got responses from confused family members, not sure if it meant it was a boy or a girl. Pretty funny! So I guess if it isn't blue, or doesn't say "boy" on it, maybe it's not that obvious :). So for our official announcement picture, we tried our best to make it pretty clear. But just in case the blue didn't give it away, I wrote on there what we're having too :).

So here are some pics I know all of you have been waiting to see... ;)

His little face :)
He is so squished in there! Doesn't look too comfy to me
And of course... The classic ultrasound picture!

Looking at his little face just makes me so happy!


Now that we know we're having a boy, and now that he looks so much more like an actual baby instead of a gummy bear, it's really starting to sink in. We can't wait to meet the little guy, and spoil the heck out of him. I also can't wait to see Todd with his little mini-me, it just melts my heart to think about!

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh! I just updated my blog and saw you updated yours just now...so exciting! I don't want to say I dont' want a girl first, but I want a boy first!!! CONGRATULATIONS! it feels more real now. woo hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete