Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Oklahoma: Part II

 Thought I might take this opportunity to show you some pics of our new pad! We have all of our things put away, and I think it looks quite nice. It's funny though... I think this apartment is about 3 times bigger than we needed. That's alright though, I love our little set up.

So this one is our bedroom. We decided it wouldn't be worth it to put the bed in there since our TV is in the living room. All we have in there is a few suitcases, and all of our clothes in the closet. 

And it's a walk-in closet! Turned out to work very nicely. 

This is our living room! we borrowed that massive air mattress from Todd's parents, then Summer and Chris loaned us their super big, memory foam mattress topper which is the most comfy thing ever! So we designated the air mattress as our couch and the mattress topper as our bed. It also gives us a very nice back rest when we're sitting watching tv or something. Also notice our cute little TV stand! We found it at Goodwill for only $10! We did have the tv on our ironing board, but it was still too low to the ground for us to see it well. 

We also needed some decoration, so we just taped a ton of pictures to the wall. I'm most proud of the black and white ones above our couch, and the cute little picture frame below the window.

 Here is our bathroom! we love it :)

 The lovely kitchen! I love the dark wood and the countertops. It's really too bad that we're only here for 3 months, because I do really like this apartment a lot!

Kitchen again. Notice, we have a pantry! 

And I think this is as full as it will ever get!

Look how much room there is! Hehe, oh well!

Well, there you have it! That is our apartment in 9 pictures. I probably could have shown less, but I wanted to show you every aspect.

In other news, I've been job hunting my little heart out up here... and officially have been hired by one tutoring company, and had my interview yesterday for the other one. I think it went really well, but they want someone who can fill the position permanently. So we'll see, I should find out at the end of the week if I got the job or not. If I don't get it, I will probably just substitute teach... even though I'm leaning more and more against that... only since the pay is so awful. We will see though. I just want to start working soon, because I feel like our money is dwindling fast! 

So Todd is on his first day of the internship today! It's going really well, and he really likes the people that he's with. He says they're super patient, and really nice. It's such a relief! I'm glad he's already having a good experience :). 

That's about all of the updates for now... just living it up in Oklahoma!


1 comment: